Útivist is a travel association, which goal is to encourage travel within Iceland in a healthy and enjoyable way. It is a friendly, enriching group, welcoming anyone who wants to join. Útivist offers a variety of weekend tours, summer vacation tours and day tours. People need to be a member to participate in the activities.
Further information on individual tours is provided at Útivist‘s office, you can booke your tours from our website, and also book your accommodation in huts by calling or sending an email.
Útivist‘s address is Laugavegur 178, 105 Reykjavik.
Open Monday-Friday, 12:00-17:00
Tel.: (+354) 562 1000
Buses depart from the Central Bus Terminal (BSÍ) in Reykjavík, for day trips.
All trips should be booked in advance on our website or at the Útivist office.
Please note that Útivist is a recreational association; it does not insure its passengers, nor does it accept responsibility for their property. Útivist reserves the right to cancel any trip with advance notice, if there is inadequate participation.
Cancellation of TREKS
- If you make the cancellation more than 4 weeks before departure date you can get a full refund as long as the cancellation is made less than a week after the payment.
- Otherwise Útivist will always hold 8.000 ISK as a confirmation fee.
- If you cancel more than 14 days before departure date but less than 28 days Útivist will hold 25% of the total price – although never a lower amount than the confirmation fee.
- If the cancellation is made more than 7 days but less than 14 days before departure Útivist will hold 50% of the total price.
- If the cancellation is made less than 7 days but more than 4 days before departure date Útivist will hold 75% of the total price.
- If the cancellation is made with only 3 working days or less before departure - or if you don‘t show up on the departure date - then there will be no refunds.